Target Audiences for All Topics
School Board members
School Bus Drivers
||Bus Driver & Attendant On-line Courses
There are two kinds of
who have had a crisis....
those who will.
- It is invaluable as remediation for drivers or attendants having difficulty with student management issues, and/or
- Employees who miss the annual state required continuing education program.
- There is an “Are You There?”, function that prohibits jumping ahead or walking away from the computer.
- Employees can take the course on their down time or at home.
- They can stop at any time and return to the place they left off.
- There are quizzes that must be passed with 80% minimum proficiency.
- Upon completion of the course, participants can print a certificate that can be included in their file as evidence of participation.
- Accepts all major credit cards, or fax a purchase order to 727-362-1984 along with your email address and a code will be mailed to you that allows access to the course.
A Bus Attendant s Guide to Student Management Program: 2
- Evaluate situations where discipline went wrong and discuss positive alternatives.
- Learn about common pitfalls that can cause situations to escalate.
- Learn appropriate consequences for students who do not abide by the rules.
- Understand the importance of their role as an educator, teaching social skills.
- Understand that developing a rapport with students will do more to contribute to a positive bus environment, reduce discipline problems and create a caring safe environment for everyone.
- Understand there are numerous factors that contribute to differing student expectations, behavior and experiences, such as; exposure to sex and violence, family structure, conflict resolution skills, and social isolationism. This contributes to differing ideas of normal behavior.
- Understand the basic concepts of behavior modification to include; clearly communicated rules; positive reinforcement/ reinforcement density; minimal and progressive consequences for maladaptive behavior; and rewards for adaptive behavior.
- Understand some tricks of the trade.
- Understand twelve actions that can escalate misbehavior.
- Understand some helpful hints in dealing with students.