Target Audiences for All Topics
School Board members
School Bus Drivers
||Bus Driver & Attendant On-line Courses
There are two kinds of
who have had a crisis....
those who will.
- It is invaluable as remediation for drivers or attendants having difficulty with student management issues, and/or
- Employees who miss the annual state required continuing education program.
- There is an “Are You There?”, function that prohibits jumping ahead or walking away from the computer.
- Employees can take the course on their down time or at home.
- They can stop at any time and return to the place they left off.
- There are quizzes that must be passed with 80% minimum proficiency.
- Upon completion of the course, participants can print a certificate that can be included in their file as evidence of participation.
- Accepts all major credit cards, or fax a purchase order to 727-362-1984 along with your email address and a code will be mailed to you that allows access to the course.
A Bus Attendant s Guide to Student Management Program 3
- Understand characteristics of students with: Communication Disorders; Emotional, Physical, Learning, and Mental Disabilities; and Autism
- Appreciate the frustrations associated with living with a processing deficit.
- Learn strategies to effectively work with each child s disability.
- Learn people first language.
- Learn about the American s with Disability Act and it s importance to transportation.
- Learn alternatives to punitive discipline.
- Learn about the importance of confidentiality of records and the associated laws.
- Learn what modifications and adaptations can be made to accommodate students with processing deficits, such as;
- Concrete Concepts vs. Abstract Concepts
- Allowing Time for Processing
- Single Directions vs. Multiple Directions
- Body Language
- Limited Number of Rules
- Work on the Worst Behaviors First
- Positive Reinforcement
- Clear communication