Target Audiences for All Topics
School Board members
School Bus Drivers
||Bus Driver & Attendant On-line Courses
There are two kinds of
who have had a crisis....
those who will.
- It is invaluable as remediation for drivers or attendants having difficulty with student management issues, and/or
- Employees who miss the annual state required continuing education program.
- There is an “Are You There?”, function that prohibits jumping ahead or walking away from the computer.
- Employees can take the course on their down time or at home.
- They can stop at any time and return to the place they left off.
- There are quizzes that must be passed with 80% minimum proficiency.
- Upon completion of the course, participants can print a certificate that can be included in their file as evidence of participation.
- Accepts all major credit cards, or fax a purchase order to 727-362-1984 along with your email address and a code will be mailed to you that allows access to the course.
How Bus Drivers Get Into Trouble Program 4
This is a 1- hour course.
What can you do when an angry parent boards the bus? Techniques of verbal control and withdrawal are discussed to avert confrontations on the road and re-direct them to a controlled situation at the school.
Schools are largely insulated from lawsuits UNLESS they have been told about the problem & did nothing. Ideas are presented for preventing bullying, and dealing with and documenting incidents.
How should drivers & assistants break up fights on the bus? What are your responsibilities when you are told of a pending fight at the bus stop? What are the key warning signs of students who may become violent?
The course costs $12.95 per participant.
- Learn three techniques for dealing with angry parents: the paradox/unexpected, verbal control and withdrawal.
- Discuss options for dealing with an explosive situation with parents.
- Learn how to prevent bullying and harassment.
- Learn how to deal with a bullying incident.
- Learn how to document a bullying incident.
- Discuss three incidents that escalated due to bullying that was not curtailed and brainstorm how to prevent it.
- Learn general guidelines to breaking up fights without getting physical.
- Discuss options to avoid escalation of negative student behavior.
- Discuss options when a student reports a problem at the bus stop.