Target Audiences for All Topics
School Board members
School Bus Drivers
||Bus Driver & Attendant On-line Courses
There are two kinds of
who have had a crisis....
those who will.
- It is invaluable as remediation for drivers or attendants having difficulty with student management issues, and/or
- Employees who miss the annual state required continuing education program.
- There is an “Are You There?”, function that prohibits jumping ahead or walking away from the computer.
- Employees can take the course on their down time or at home.
- They can stop at any time and return to the place they left off.
- There are quizzes that must be passed with 80% minimum proficiency.
- Upon completion of the course, participants can print a certificate that can be included in their file as evidence of participation.
- Accepts all major credit cards, or fax a purchase order to 727-362-1984 along with your email address and a code will be mailed to you that allows access to the course.
How Bus Drivers Get Into Trouble Program 5
This is a 1- hour course.
This unit puts a face on the tragedy of bus route and stop fatalities. Of the 17 children killed in 2008-09, 10 were struck by their own bus. The other 7 were struck by passing vehicles. Guidelines for safe stops and routes are discussed.
Loading zones at schools require a slightly different procedure than loading and unloading on routes. Traffic during school opening and dismissal can be confusing for children.
Child endangerment is the issue and post trip checks using a child alarm system or empty bus sign is essential. But thats not the only way you can get into trouble leaving students unattended.
The course costs $12.95 per participant.
- Learn the importance of the care that must be taken at bus stops.
- Learn bus stop and route guidelines.
- Learn that even though someone else may write the route, it is up to the driver to evaluate the route and bus stop safety.
- Learn the importance of keeping an accurate route sheet.
- Learn procedures for loading and unloading at the schools bus circle
- Learn the importance of reporting unsafe conditions at a school bus circle.
- Learn the importance of post checking the bus before parking it in any location.
- Learn the importance of not putting the students in harms way by leaving them to address other issues on the street.
- Learn alternatives to leaving a young child unattended at a bus stop.