Target Audiences for All Topics
School Board members
School Bus Drivers
||Bus Driver & Attendant On-line Courses
There are two kinds of
who have had a crisis....
those who will.
- It is invaluable as remediation for drivers or attendants having difficulty with student management issues, and/or
- Employees who miss the annual state required continuing education program.
- There is an “Are You There?”, function that prohibits jumping ahead or walking away from the computer.
- Employees can take the course on their down time or at home.
- They can stop at any time and return to the place they left off.
- There are quizzes that must be passed with 80% minimum proficiency.
- Upon completion of the course, participants can print a certificate that can be included in their file as evidence of participation.
- Accepts all major credit cards, or fax a purchase order to 727-362-1984 along with your email address and a code will be mailed to you that allows access to the course.
How Bus Drivers Get Into Trouble Program 6
This is a 1- hour course.
Six different scenarios straight from the headlines provide discussion on what happened and ideas about how it could have been prevented. There is discussion about actions that can escalate major misbehavior & how to avoid major confrontations.
What should they do? This unit discusses active listening skills, such as, effective pauses, minimal encouragement, paraphrasing, emotion labeling, mirroring, open-ended questions, and I messages, Survival tips are suggested along with identification tips and on-board procedures during a hostage situation.
What is distracted driving? There are 3 main types: visual, manual and cognitive. Research on distracted driving reveals some surprising facts.
The course costs $12.95 per participant.
- Learn the actions that could escalate major misbehavior.
- Learn methods to prevent major confrontations.
- Participate in discussion of alternative actions that may have prevented various situations that resulted in an attack by the student.
- Learn what actions are recommended if the bus is ever taken hostage.
- Learn survival techniques that give you the best chance of a positive outcome.
- Learn active listening skills
- Learn on-board procedures that give you the best chance of a positive outcome.
- Learn what constitutes distracted driving.
- Learn statistics about the danger of distracted driving.
- Observe the negative results of distracted driving.